[OPE] History of the Internationale, part 1

From: ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 03:57:22 EDT

The (2000) film by Peter Miller on the history of the "Internationale"
(the song) is now online.  It's not perfect - I would have much preferred
an even more international Internationale history and some of the
assertions are contentious (most notably, about the meaning of the song to
the student protestors in 1989 in Tiananmen Square).

It has a running time of a little over 30 minutes and is broken into
roughly three equal parts online. I'll send separate posts with the urls
for each part. Here's the one for Part One:

<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5696156314280526604&q=history+of+the+internationale&ei=QYUYSJHiJ6OqqwKKn83zBw&hl=enÉ
*HAPPY MAY DAY!*

in solidarity, Jerry