[OPE] The genocidal implications of biofuels

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@tiscali.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 18:53:13 EDT

Yeah, there is the style and the substance of things, but if we get too fussed about how things are communicated (form) we might overlook important substance (content). Presumably there's a bit more at stake than what they had for dinner. Personally I don't have any problem with having a coke and a good meal after a hard day's work. If we are going to talk morality, I think we ought to be honest about what we approve of, and not just about what we disapprove of. In the Dutch press also there were disgruntled comments about how the elite was having another lavish meeting that solves exactly nothing, but I don't think that cuts any ice, since "we" cannot claim to have any more concern about world problems than "they" do. I find it more interesting to think about questions such as "what do they really do, and how do they really think" and what are the limits and possibilities of that.

May you eat well :-)

Jurriaan

PS - in my previous post "you" wasn't really meant to refer to Martin, I should have used more neutrally "one" it's just I was writing rather fast, and didn't correct the language.