Re: [OPE] Mastering Marxian Economics

From: Philip Dunn (hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2008 - 17:34:08 EDT

Hi Jerry

I was tickled pink by the argument. Given the premise that the VLP is
determined by the value of the bundle of goods required to reproduce LP
(historical and moral element box ticked), the conclusion inexorably
follows - the iron law of wages. You can't have wages below VLP
permanently or the VLP permanently reduced unless it is decided that a
chunk of LP will not be reproduced. That could happen, of course. Maybe
it is happening.

I hold, however, that the expression 'value of labour-power' is as
irrational as the expression 'the value of labour'.

The absurd conclusion was highly amusing. I question the premise.