Re: [OPE] Question to Marxologists: Mode of production

From: Patrick Bond (pbond@mail.ngo.za)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2008 - 05:21:28 EDT

Is there an 'articulation' of different modes of production? That old
saw has come up again recently, partly because of the influence of
Luxemburgist thinking about imperialism (capitalism and non-capitalism)
- but also because the 'accumulation by dispossession' that occurs in
local sites is increasingly vicious. We've been trying to get a handle
on it at our Centre for Civil Society, here:
http://www.nu.ac.za/ccs/files/africanus_1.pdf