Re: [OPE] Is Larry Elliott right?

From: danyaf <danyaf@danyaf.plus.com>
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 12:01:24 EDT

Elliott and others are calling for the reforming of British imperialism and
unfortunately express the illusions of most of the British left, which
refuses to break totally and unequivocally with the Labour Party. New
labour leaders and other political elites in Britain are the 'supine
agents' of the City (Hywell Williams) - so I agree with Ian Wright. What he
might not recognise is that the Labour Party has always served the
interests of British imperialism throughout its long and appalling history.

Re New labour and the British left and the City and financial capitalism
etc - can I remind you of my article Britain: Parasitic and decaying
capitalism

http://www.revolutionarycommunist.org/downloads/FRFI194_07_10_parasitic.pdf

David Yaffe