Re: [OPE] Thermodynamics and labor theory of value

From: Charlie <charles1848@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 13:50:44 EDT

Paul Cockshott wrote:
> So in a sense I should have said that it is the laws of probability
> rather than the laws of physics that drive
> both...

That clears up the ontology. Politically, it seems that focus on the
Boltzmann entropy function would understate the indictment of
capitalism, since, as the body of your essay notes, a second function is
required to reflect huge incomes obtained from capital assets. Gases
might look like simple commodity economies, but a capitalist economy is
a veritable monstrosity.

So while the title, "How Physics Is Validating The Labour Theory Of
Value," is not correct, a more accurate title might be, "The Chance of
Achieving Economic Equality under Capitalism Is Almost Nil."

Charles Andrews