[OPE] Star Trek and Labour Theory of Value.

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Mon Nov 03 2008 - 05:00:39 EST

Anyone here is a fan of Star Trek?   I am and I wonder what kind of economic model supports our society depicted there. I remember a chapter where they have a sort of microwave, but this one materializes every kind of good that you specify. I suppose it operates with nanotechnology and it is able to combine atoms in a specified way so that we can have the good we asked to the computer.   Does this stage of our society could fit the situation imagined by Dickinson? That is, when human labour comes to be so scarce compared with other factors of production.  A. Agafonow