Re: [OPE] Salary of engineers

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 03:12:57 EST

Jurriaan B.: “The patterns of innovation and invention are susceptible to all sorts of ideological claims lacking solid evidential support.”   That’s true Jurriaan, but we can draw sound conclusions applying Praxeology, which consists in a verbal deduction from the fact that “men have ends and employ means to attain them”. Not only individualistic ends but also collective ends.   In fact, comprehensive statistical information could be confusing unless you taste it with Praxeology.   Regards,A. Agafonow ________________________________ De: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@tiscali.nl> Para: OPE@lists.csuchico.edu Enviado: martes, 4 de noviembre, 2008 19:25:55 Asunto: [OPE] Salary of engineers You are best off talking to Christopher Freeman about this - he is an authority on it. http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/profile19724.html%c2%a0I am not aware of any data tabulating patents by SES of the inventor.   One problem with the sociology of innovations and inventions is that there is no comprehensive statistical information about it, so it is rather difficult to understand the overall proportions of things. You really have to study a particular industry in detail in order to understand about it. Mostly, there's data on patent and copyright applications (which may not be lodged by the actual inventor; many inventions do not get patented). The patterns of innovation and invention are susceptible to all sorts of ideological claims lacking solid evidential support. An additional problem is that these days people get called "engineer" although they haven't got a real engineering qualification. I don't talk about it really, because if I start talking about "patents and copyright" people get the wrong idea :-)   J.