[OPE] Linux and the Nature of the Firm.

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Thu Nov 20 2008 - 06:38:14 EST

Coase's Penguin, or Linux and the Nature of the Firm Yochai Benkler http://www.benkler.org/CoasesPenguin.html   **I suggest that we are seeing is the broad and deep emergence of a new, third mode of production in the digitally networked environment. I call this mode "commons-based peer-production," to distinguish it from the property- and contract-based models of firms and markets. Its central characteristic is that groups of individuals successfully collaborate on large-scale projects following a diverse cluster of motivational drives and social signals, rather than either market prices or managerial commands.** (Yochai Benkler).   Regards, A. Agafonow