RE: [OPE] Value form theory 101

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2008 - 10:20:55 EST

> In brief, Marx never argued at all that "that for a commodity to represent value it must have use-value and exchange-value".

OK, Jurriaan, I can't resist another small bite:

True, he argued that exchange-value is a ***necessary form of appearance*** of value.

If you don't like the phrasing above, then it can be re-phrased as follows:
for a commodity to represent value it must have use-value and its value
must come to be expressed through the value-form."