Re: [OPE] Value form theory 101

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 04:38:41 EST

2008/12/11 Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>:
> That is an excellent summary Jurriaan!

I agree! In particular I'd like to highlight one part of Jurriaan's post:

The equation of different quantities of labour-time through economic
exchange is NOT in fact the historical or practical prerequisite for the
abstract treatment of labour-time; all that is required is that the
magnitudes of different labour-efforts in society are known, comparable and
compared, yielding averages indicating the known "normal" labour-time
associated with a task. The real prerequisite is not exchange, but social
labour, i.e. labour-cooperation.

//Dave Z