Re: [OPE] Samuel Bowles

From: Howard Engelskirchen <howarde@iastate.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 26 2008 - 17:59:54 EST

Hi Terry,

This is interesting. First, we are social creatures such that our
adaptation to our environment is always a social adaptation -- our
engagement with it is mediated by our social arrangements.

Second, we are aware. Presumably we can optimize our engagement with
our conditions of life in function of the social arrangements we
make. This doesn't need to have anything to do with the ordinary
processes of selection that orthodoxy picks out, does it?

howard