Re: [OPE] How finance explains equity to itself

From: Ian Wright <wrighti@acm.org>
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 17:48:19 EST

Thanks for the quote, Jurriaan.

This apology for exploitation is mixing up a risk premium on loans
with equity capital.

David Ellerman is particularly good on this aspect of capitalist
ideology; see especially:
http://www.ellerman.org/Davids-Stuff/Books/p&c.htm
and
http://www.ellerman.org/Davids-Stuff/Books/demofirm.doc

McKinsey is quite right to identify equity-capital as the key property
claim that the capitalist class enjoys. They are "not going to give it
up" since it is the economic basis of their social power.

For social progress this particular type of property claim, along with
the related concept of the wage, must be abolished.

-Ian.