R: [OPE] new book

From: <strack@alice.it>
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 05:13:44 EST

The description says that MEGA2 "opens the possibility of a
radical rethinking of Marx's thought" and that this has "shed
new light on Marx's original intentions". But, did the contributors
_agree_ on anything in particular? Just curious.

Jerry,
as you know, everyone is in general jealous of their own particularities, so I don’t want to be unfair on this point. I think however that the most general common point is the one to go beyond Engels’s editorial work and look directly at Marx’s original manuscripts now available in the Marx-Engels-Gesamtausgabe. As for the IMST (International Symposium on Marxian Theory) members, from different point of view, many agree on the important of Hegel’s methodological lesson – dialectic – and on a “value-form” approach (but everyone with relevant differences.) Fred Moseley f.i. disagrees on this point. Further: the relevance of the monetary dimension in Marx’s theory of value. I would add the distinction among the different levels of abstraction of Marx’s capital theory.
But, as I stated at the beginning, the most relevant issue is that scholars have now to base or rethink their researches on this new material that changes not simply the interpretation but the object of research ‘Marx’. This is the point on which the agreement is probably general.
Best wishes.
Roberto

Alice Messenger ;-) chatti anche con gli amici di Windows Live Messenger e tutti i telefonini TIM!
Vai su http://maileservizi.alice.it/alice_messenger/index.html?pmk=footer