[OPE] Gaza thoughts

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 16:32:14 EST

Ralph sent me the ref to this humorous Gaza video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyIKyd2gqA&eurl=http://www.deepdishtv.org/News/Default.aspx?id=80 (it takes about 2 and a half minutes to watch)

Robert Fisk has this to say:

Twenty Israelis dead in 10 years around Gaza is a grim figure indeed. But 600 Palestinians dead in just over a week, thousands over the years since 1948 - when the Israeli massacre at Deir Yassin helped to kick-start the flight of Palestinians from that part of Palestine that was to become Israel - is on a quite different scale. This recalls not a normal Middle East bloodletting but an atrocity on the level of the Balkan wars of the 1990s. And of course, when an Arab bestirs himself with unrestrained fury and takes out his incendiary, blind anger on the West, we will say it has nothing to do with us. Why do they hate us, we will ask? But let us not say we do not know the answer. http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-why-do-they-hate-the-west-so-much-we-will-ask-1230046.html

Rashid Khalidi writes:

This war on the people of Gaza isn't really about rockets. Nor is it about "restoring Israel's deterrence," as the Israeli press might have you believe. Far more revealing are the words of Moshe Yaalon, then
the Israeli Defense Forces chief of staff, in 2002: "The Palestinians must be made to understand in the deepest recesses of their consciousness that they are a defeated people." http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/01/08/opinion/edkhalidi.php

John Pilger says:

what happens in Gaza is the defining moment of our time, which either grants the impunity of war criminals the immunity of our silence, while we contort our own intellect and morality, or gives us the power to speak out. http://www.johnpilger.com/page.asp?partid=519

Chossudovsky suggests that there are also ancillary "economic" motives for the Israeli attack against Gaza, namely control over offshore gas resources: www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=11680

The New Zealand Workers Party reports that around 1,000 people demonstrated against the invasion of Gaza, in Auckland (which is 10,120 miles away!). The crowd chanted loudly all the way down Queen Street in one of the most spirited demonstrations in years. They rallied outside the US consulate and hurled a sea of shoes. The people then marched back up Queen Street calling for a boycott of Israel, an end to the occupation and denouncing Israel and the United States. There were in fact quite a few Maoris on this march http://workersparty.org.nz/

It's like, people can attack you with machine guns, bombs, rockets, tanks, poison gas, electronic intercepts, harassment, racism etc. but all around the world, people are watching, and saying clearly this is a terrible injustice. Politically, the Israeli government is just digging its own grave, whatever its nuclear bombs, its poison gas, its privatised prisons, its refined brutality and contempt for humanity etc. They cannot kill the spirit of revolt against injustice. As soon as one dies, another jumps in his or her place. Thus, the humanist revolt against Judaic and Christofascist Jewish barbarism is eternal, and everlasting.

Here in Holland, many years ago, my brother had this idea we would go together to this lecture by Amos Oz in Bergen, and I said okay, after all, some of my relatives died in Bergen-Belsen. I don't share Oz's left-Zionist stance, but Oz was admittedly pretty perceptive, pretty intelligent as usual. He said, you have to be able to smile. February last year he wrote: "The fury, frustration, and inflamed emotions are impairing our judgment. (...) Israel must not fall into the trap that Hamas has laid for it by marching into Gaza. Because the casualty figure in a land invasion into Gaza will be much greater than the number of Qassam casualties in the past seven years." http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3506185,00.html

That's obviously exactly true. But personally, I would go a bit beyond Matzpen http://www.matzpen.org/index.asp?p=120 . Personally, I think what Israel needs, is a complete deNazification, it needs to cleanse its Nazi soul, its racist Nazi essence. Somehow, the good, sensible Jews have to triumph over the racist Nazi Jews who are constantly projecting their own Holocaust shit on other people.

But with Hilary Clinton ruling the State Department, and tyrant Ariel Sharon being kept alive in a coma, there is not much hope of deNazification in Israel. Middleclass scum politics will continue.

America supports terror. It is the world's biggest financier and armorer of terror. It glories in terror. It glories in one milllion dead Iraqis and at least tens of thousands of dead Afghanis, it glories in the stench of death and the blood of innocent people. And, all we get here in Europe is stinky diplomatic farts from Brussels bureaucrats who secretly support terror and arm the murderers. "MSN Money" says the Bush era cost Americans $11.5 trillion http://moneycentral.msn.com/home.asp. But a lot more than 11.5 million human lives are getting ruined altogether, globally.

Thinking through it, whatever we achieve, we will achieve by our own efforts, because we cannot depend on the rich scum that rules the world, for anything.

Jurriaan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tu_YgcfP28&feature=related