Re: [OPE] The Crisis of the Euro

From: paul bullock <paulbullock@ebms-ltd.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 16:37:55 EST

David,

Jerry said that all capitalist exploitation is parasitic not me.....I don't disagree with him in a general loose / slangy way, although you and I prefer to use the term specifically in relation to imperialism, where such states could not possibly sustain their own accumulation without systematically leeching oppressed and semi- colonised nations on a massive scale. Plunder is after all not the same as exploitation, where there is an 'equality' in the exchange process as we understand it. Plunder leaves the victims often without any hope, deprived of the means of subsistence or access to any way of obtaining the means of life. Because the history of capitalism is so disagreeable it is hard to make the distinction unless one has a clear concept of imperialism, ie the world after the 1890's compared to the earlier period where there was still parts of the world to be shared out. Now it is all about redistributiion, outright, inescapable, confrontation, stealing from others by all means, and within and between every imperialist state we can see this in the most explicit forms.