RE: [OPE] "Parasitism" Ford versus Soros

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 13:48:54 EST

The point I was making was that certain capitalists perform a productive role - Henry Ford the first for example, by devising new and more productive methods in industry. His process of producing relative surplus value was historically progressive. Nothing similar could be said of hedge funds.

Paul Cockshott
Dept of Computing Science
University of Glasgow
+44 141 330 1629