RE: [OPE] David Harvey on stimulus failure

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 16:54:32 EST

[JB wrote:]
Suppose, Paul, that you lent me money, and for some reason I cannot pay it back. Yes, you can of course kindly cancel the debt and thereby annul any possibility of reclaiming the money at any future point in time or from a third party. But in that case, why would anybody lend money to me again? I imagine that I might start again, but not get anywhere anymore.

Paul C and Jurriaan:

If the above is meant to be an argument against cancelling all debts, then it strikes me as an
example of the fallacy of composition.