Re: [OPE] "Parasitism"

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 04:29:17 EST

Jurriaan Bendien wrote:
> In the Zachariah/Cockshott model, the expanded reproduction of capital
> depends on the production of "basic goods" (specific kinds of
> use-values) and thus the labour which produces those kinds of
> commodities is productive. However, it can be shown, that capital
> accumulation depends just as much on some "non-basic goods", or, that
> these are just as essential.

I think that is a fair summary, although we define productive labour on
the basis of what use-values enter the real wage.

I suppose the main difference between us here is the meaning of your
last sentence: that the accumulation of real capital depends "just as
much" on non-basic goods or that they are "just as essential" as basic
goods.

//Dave Z