Re: [OPE] Odyssey and the Peruvian treasure

From: Gerald Levy <jerry_levy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 14:04:09 EST

> I fail to understand how your notion of economic value has any explanatory
> value at all. You say you base yourself on Rubin's "value form" theories,

Jurriaan:

No, all I did was give Dave Z a reference to Rubin's explanation of the
distinction between abstract labor and socially equalized labor.

> but these theories have been shown to be ultimately inconsistent,

so you've repeatedly said. I have not found what you or others have 'shown'
on this topic to be very convincing - usually because it fails to engage
what
VFT actually says and/or because it detours into stale hermeneutic debates.