Re: [OPE] Enric Duran arrested after spreading a new magazine on the crisis

From: Gerald Levy <jerry_levy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 14:24:37 EDT

> He was arrested because of the swindle of 492,000 euros.
> This action is morally justified, but it is also legally considered an
> offence or crime.

Hi Alejandro:

Well, I'm not convinced he actually did it. In this country it's very common
for
someone to admit that s/he did something 'criminal' without actually having
done it.
Confessing to a crime that one didn't commit might be simply a way of
gaining
publicity: a kind of shouting out against the crisis and those who are
responsible
for it.

In any event, if it's morally justified, then it can be an 'offence' only if
the system and its
laws are *immoral*. Thus, there were laws which defined and established
racial segregation
in this country. Those civil rights activists who knowingly non-violently
broke those laws were
*entirely* morally justified because the laws themselves, and those who
defended and
perpetuated that immoral legal and social system, were immoral.