RE: [OPE] Quotations from karl Marx

From: B.R.Bapuji <brbapuji@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 05:30:13 EDT

Jerry,
Although I was not able to understand clearly the proposal with regard to quotations from Marx which you are discussing in the List, I wanted to share with you a piece of information.
Ranganayakamma, the authoress of 'An Introduction to Marx's 'Capital' (in 3 volumes) is currently working on a small book (of about 100-150 pages) with the proposed title: 'Economics for Children' whose English version will appear in a couple of months.
Meanwhile the Telugu original is being serialised in a children's magazine called 'Naani' [young child]. It is a monthly magazine and so far it carried 8 instalments/topics and the serialization will continue for nearly 20 more months.. The text is written in such a way that an eight or nine year old children too can understand the essentials of Marx's 'capital'. [She has tried with a nine year old girl who could understand the concepts without much difficulty.] At the moment two persons are translating it into English and we will send a copy to you when it comes out of the press possibly in June,2009.
Bapuji

B.R.Bapuji, Professor,
Centre for Applied Linguistics & Translation Studies [CALTS],
University of Hyderabad, Central University post office,
HYDERABAD-500 046. (Phone: 040-23133655,23133650 or 23010161).
Residence address:
76, Lake-side Colony, Near Durgam Cheruvu, [End of Road opp:Madapur Police Station], Jubilee Hills post, Hyderabad-500033.
(Phone: 040-23117302)