Re: [OPE] peanut butter value-form theory

From: Philip Dunn <hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 14:50:28 EDT

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 20:29 +0200, Dave Zachariah wrote:
> Allin Cottrell wrote:
> >
> > I take the point, but I think Philip had it the wrong way round.
> > Price(x)/wage gives you the 'living labour commanded' by commodity
> > x, while price(x)/MELT gives you (average) dead labour commanded.
> >

> Of course, you are right. It is 'dead' or materialized labour.
>
> //Dave Z

Some confusion here! I would have said Price(x)/wage gives you the
'labour-power commanded' by commodity x, the number of hours of workers
time you can hire.

Also note that, in the TSSI, the MELT defined as total price over total
value is equivalent to total money value added over total labour time of
living labour. In this context, 'living labour commanded' and 'dead
labour commanded' are equal.