Re: [OPE] Brad DeLong, 'Understanding Marx"

From: Philip Dunn <hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 15:43:15 EDT

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 17:40 -0700, Paula wrote:
<snip>
> Or, use-value is king.
>
> Paula

Hi Paula,

Some wag years ago said that, for Marx, Value was King and Use-value was
Lord High Everything Else.

I remember Jerry being a bit annoyed when I posted a request for the
author of this mot.

I think that you have hit the spot with this. Such as Brad DeLong have
no conceptions of value. Others, of course, have conceptions of value
but they are often different.

I propose we develop a critique of use-value thinking.