RE: [OPE] Misunderstanding value (reply)

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 10:57:52 EDT

> As you well know, in Marx's evolutionary view, there is no absolutized
> I have never argued for a theory of "embodied labour" in all the time I
> have been on OPE-L,

Jurriaan:

Then, it is interesting to note that those who have stated that they

share your perspective on value _do_ explicitly endorse an "embodied

labour" perspective. If this is not your contradiction, then it is theirs.

> and get back to Marx!

Why stop with him? Why not "get back" to Aristotle?

"Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged".

But, we don't belong in the mid 19th Century. We need 21st

Century perspectives for the 21st Century.