Re: [OPE] One party state?

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Sun Jun 07 2009 - 10:52:55 EDT

I think that when you carry out Marxist notion of class to its logical conclusion, it’s deeply flawed. Nevertheless, I fully recognize the non-democratic aspects of a bourgeois democracy. That’s why I regularly advocate going beyond (not in the opposite direction as Leninists do). As you must acknowledge, I’ve never advocated USA as an ideal of democracy, though it is closer to real democracy than Cuba.   You can display your class analysis if you want, but it would seem sounder if you stop to deny that civil rights are systematically wiped out in Cuba.   Regards,A. Agafonow ________________________________ De: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com> Para: Outline on Political Economy mailing list <ope@lists.csuchico.edu> Enviado: domingo, 7 de junio, 2009 16:20:28 Asunto: RE: [OPE] One party state? > The problem Jerry is that you are an apologist of left wing dictators. Alejandro: The problem is that you don't recognize what a dictatorship is and isn't. What you consistently refuse to do is introduce *class* into the analysis of the meaning of democracy and dictatorship. Because you don't employ class analysis, you are trapped in a narrow BOURGEOIS understanding of the meaning of democracy - you fail to grasp the meaning of BOURGEOIS DEMOCRACY. The many millions of people who don't share the US- and Euro-Centric liberal capitalist interpretation of democracy and the goals of international imperialism understand that that *any* government which is in favor in practice of self-determination and governance and control of the economy by working people will be denounced by imperialism and its defenders as being dictatorships. The question isn't who is or isn't an apologist for "left wing dictators"; the question is who is an apologist for capital and imperialism. In solidarity, Jerry_______________________________________________ ope mailing list ope@lists.csuchico.edu https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/ope