[OPE] RE: The availabilty of labor power in the context of expanded reproduction schemes

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 02:45:05 EDT

The assumption of extra labour power on hand is only justified during the early stages
of capitalist accumulation as a peasant population is being forced onto the labour market.
The model of expanded reproduction in Vol III is thus similar to Von Neumanns proportional
growth model.
Once labour supplies are limited, capital can only accumulate by raising the organic composition
which implies a non proportional expansion. At this point of course the rate of profit falls.