RE: [OPE] Are Regulation Theorists Marxists?

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 12:52:58 EDT

> Overall, I argued that today Regulation is in a state of demise

Hi Stavros:

Well, yes, I'd say that you're probably right on that point but that
doesn't tell us why.

In any event, whether a theory is booming or busting can not
be seen as evidence for or against a perspective.

Having said that, I suspect that part of the reason for thew 'demise'
of this school is that it never really moved beyond the confines of
French intellectual and university life. So, when the French Left went
into decline so did regulationist perspectives.