[OPE] RE: Happy Birthday, OPE-L!

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Tue Sep 08 2009 - 10:40:15 EDT

Here are some basic list statistics for the last year, which
I just quickly prepared:

* 3,127 posts were authored. This is higher than our historical
average. All months, except the traditionally slow months of
June-August, were relatively high volume.

* 52 members wrote posts. I did not calculate the quantity per
month, but list participation - both in terms of the quantity
who participated and who participated in which month(s) - seems to
have varied to a great extent.

* There are currently 93 members of the list, so the above shows
a relatively high rate of participation (approximately 56%) -
especially when compared to other lists.

* List size went down from 95 to 93. While there were additions
to the list, more members left. Two of the people who joined in the
last year resigned, so if you exclude them then list size was
constant. Long-time list members Michael W and Simon M also
resigned.

* While one woman member was added, there is still a significant
imbalance by gender on the list. The quantity of nations and regions
which are represented on the list has remained unchanged.

* The quantity of list administrators, including the coordinator,
increased from 3 to 6 in the last year. This reflects the change in
administrative structure to the directly democratic Administrative
Committee.