RE: [OPE] Rosa Lichtenstein

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 08:50:00 EDT

Hi Dave Z:

My impressions are rather different. Hence the need for a study to
get beyond anecdotal impressions.

For instance, you suggest that this phenomena is related to the 'young
student radical' but my impression is that the worst offenders are from
many different generations. Indeed, I'd have to say my impression is that many
of the worst are middle-aged baby boomers - products of the radicalization and
mass movements of the 1960s and early 70's.

I am not impressed with Cockburn's quote. He seems to me to be falling once again
into a fallacy of division trap. Nor do I believe that he was forthcoming with
his real political agenda - support for the Democratic Party in the previous
election. That, imo, was the reason why there was such a harsh blowback by some
on the Left concerning the claims of those who were critical of the official,
conspiracist narrative re 9/11.

In solidarity, Jerry