Re: [OPE] No rise is s/v? Kliman's empirical work on the falling rate of profit

From: Paul Zarembka <zarembka@buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 13:33:32 EDT

As it turns out, Kliman already has a second draft, four days after the
first, and has now posted the data spreadsheet. I have sent him a query
regarding our brief discussion on OPE. More significantly, he has just
published a piece which reports the same results. It appears in his
review of Chris Harmon's book 'Zoobie Capitalism' --
www.isj.org.uk/index.php4?id=584&issue=124#124Kliman25 . Having gone
that far already, this could mean that he will not be open to
consideration of the role of unproductive labor.

Could he be using data provided by the bourgeois state, as if they
relate pretty directly to value categories in Marx?

Paul Z.

=====
(V23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11, Seven Stories Press softcover, 2008 2nd ed
(V24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA .... (V25) WHY CAPITALISM SURVIVES CRISES
====> Research in Political Economy, Emerald Group, Bingley, UK
====> Paul Zarembka, Editor www.buffalo.edu/~zarembka