Re: [OPE] Bezemer articles

From: wpc <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sat Nov 07 2009 - 14:00:22 EST

The point is that the industrial and commercial sector taken as a whole
has a financial surplus so
the financial sector does not channel funds into the rest of the firms.
Instead it channels funds
partly towards the state, but in addition it absorbs savings via pension
schemes. If the industrial
and commercial sector is itself running a surplus, these savings can not
end up in real investment
so where do they go?
There are 3 possible unproductive sinks:
1. The expenditures of the banking system itself
2. Going to finance state budget deficits
3. Going to finance personal consumer credit.