RE: [OPE] intermission: value of knowledge

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sat Nov 21 2009 - 07:00:00 EST

 When I discuss with Marxist scholars from USA or the UK I realise that they still suffer from Regonomy or Thatcherism. They do not assess Smith on the basis of his contribution to the development of philosophy and science or of what he really says but on that what he has been made by neoliberals. Marx describes Smith as a scientist not as an apologist and Lenin points to classical political economy as one of the most important three sources of Marxism. If we try to read Smith as a scientist some of the interpretative dilemmas may be solved as they are not there.

D.Göçmen