RE: [OPE] Marta Harnecker's Ideas

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 07:26:05 EST

> This type of "randomized" democracy - how shall it decide what to
> do, what line to follow, what long term party building strategy
> to go for? There is no silver bullet regarding rev. organisation -
> but randomization is certainly not the way to go.

Hi Anders:

Well, yes, there's no silver bullet but *why* is randomization
(in the selection of the deciding body) "certainly" not the way
to go? If you are talking about a *mass* political organization
and the size of the deciding body is sufficiently large (to
be representative of the composition of the party), why not?
Certainty concerning an inability of randomization to work
suggests lack of confidence in the wisdom of the party
membership. it seems to me.

A minor point from another post: you refer to Mandel's _Marxist
Economic Theory_ as original research rather than mere exegesis.
I don't know about that - certainly _Late Capitalism_ represents
original research, though.