Re: [OPE] intermission: value of knowledge

From: Paula <Paula_cerni@msn.com>
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 17:16:05 EST

wpc wrote:
> Paula, I do not think the identification with energy is correct. I think
> it was an attempt to think it through with what was then a newly
> discovered concept, but is not adequate.

Then we agree that it is not correct. But are you saying this identification
is already there in Marx? At least in Capital, abstract labor is usually
discussed in the context of commodity production, so that more conditions
than the mere expenditure of energy are involved.

If anyone here knows of any important texts (besides Capital) on abstract
labor, I'd be grateful for the references.
Paula