[OPE] exploitation theory

From: Jerry Levy <jerry_levy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Dec 23 2009 - 11:07:38 EST

Forwarded with permission of the sender.
In solidarity, Jerry

Dec 23, 2009 06:58:39 AM, r.veneziani@qmul.ac.uk wrote:

Dear Gerald Levy
my name is Roberto Veneziani and I am a lecturer at Queen Mary
University of London. Among my research interests is Marxian economics
and in particular exploitation theory. I have just completed a new
paper, written jointly with Naoki Yoshihara (Hitotsubashi University),
in which we provide the first axiomatic analysis of exploitation as
the unequal exchange of labour, in the context of Roemer-type
economies. Among other results (including a generalisation of Roemer's
results), it turns out that the unique definition
of exploitation satisfying a small set of (arguably) weak axioms is a
definition
conceptually related to the "New Interpretation", developed by Duncan
Foley and Gerard Dumenil.

I am taking the liberty to send you a link to our discussion paper.
Any comments, suggestions, and criticisms are more than welcome. This
is part of a major research project on exploitation theory, and any
feedback from you would be particularly valuable.

<http://www.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/Common/publication/DP/DP524.pdf>

Best
Roberto