Re: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Paula <Paula_cerni@msn.com>
Date: Mon Dec 28 2009 - 17:41:55 EST

Mostly I agree with Dave's political critique of David's views. I take the latter to be an example of 'Third Worldism'.

David 'forgets' that there is 'state monopoly capitalism' (plus *private* monopoly capitalism) and 'labor aristocracies' in developing countries as well. As Dave argues, dividing the world into 'good' and 'bad' capitalist nations is paralyzing and divisive. I would also add that, since it fails to give a realistic picture of the world we live in, it contributes to the intellectual discrediting of the left.

Paula