RE: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 20:12:27 EST

>> But, the point is
>> that there *IS* a cut-off point. That is, there is a
>> VERY REAL division in the capitalist world.
> So far this is only an assertion.

Paula:

<shaking head back and forth and throwing up hands>

It is no more or less an assertion than a claim that the
Earth is not flat or that the Earth revolves around the
Sun. Yes, I realize that these claims can be supported by
science, but almost everyone in the world (scientist and
non-scientist) understands these propositions to be
true. And, more to the point (unlike the aforementioned
propositions) almost everyone in the world (in this age of
communications technologies) understands this to be a
reality. Some may articulate that division without a lot of
sophistication (e.g. between "poor countries" and "rich
countries") but it is understood as a reality by all but a
handful of people in the world, I think.