RE: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 12:46:09 EST

Yes but whilst that was realistic up to 1945 it is hardly an accurate depiction of what has been going on since then.
The empires in Lenins time were very real, nearly all of africa and much of asia was controlled by the imperial powers. Post 1945 a process set in which ended that. Imperialism in the sense Lenin talked about was defeated by 1975 with the final fall of the last European empire in Africa.