Re: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 07:06:22 EST

2010/1/20 Paula <Paula_cerni@msn.com>

> It follows that non-imperialist nations are those that either are not part
> of the world capitalist economy (today, probably none) or do not have an
> independent state (Kurdistan, Tibet, etc).

In addition to Paul C's point, the very concept of imperialist *nation* is
problematic in itself because it really is an ideological entity unlike a
territorial state. Moreover, throughout history you'll find several
imperialist 'non-nations'. It is only sensible to speak of imperialist
states, and presumably also a corresponding economy even if we have not
agreed about its characteristics and properties.

//Dave Z