Re: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Paula <Paula_cerni@msn.com>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 17:26:08 EST

Jerry wrote:
> I gave a source (actually, Blackwell wrote a couple of books and a
> number of articles on this topic) on industrialization in Russia which is
> more
> than I can say for your assertion to the contrary.

What you said was that "industrialization had already begun in the early
part of the 19th Century (see the writings of the historian, William L.
Blackwell)."

Since industrialization has also begun in India (quite a while ago now),
this argument supports my thesis, not yours.

In the meantime India has just announced that it will launch its first
manned mission to space in 2016 (plans were already in place for an Indian
mission to Mars in 2030):
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8483787.stm

Sorry, Jerry, but neither your arguments nor the empirical reality can
justify 'Third Worldism'. The left needs to ditch this divisive framework
and move on.

Paula