[OPE] Manufacturing Discontent

From: michael perelman <michael@ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 16 2010 - 23:05:14 EDT

I was asked to write something up about my book, Manufacturing
Discontent. I thought that I would share it with you. Any comments
would be be appreciated. I was asked to wrtie something up about my
book, Manufacturing Discontent. I thought that I would share it with
you. Any comments would be be appreciated.

Of all my books, Manufacturing Discontent may seem to have the least
links with Marxism. After I published The Invention of Capitalism:
Classical Political Economy and the Secret History of Primitive
Accumulation, some people argued that the subject was purely historical
and had no contemporary relevance. Of course, the seizure of property
continues throughout the world, even in the United States, where
government can take property through the law of eminent domain and then
turn it over to private interests.
Read the entire commentary at:

http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/manufacturing-discontent/

--