Re: [OPE] Open problems in Marxist economics: Workers' savings

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sat Apr 10 2010 - 12:45:53 EDT

Gerry, remember we are talking about net savings by the working class, the sort of thing you are talking about would not appear as net working class savings in the national accounts since savings by one group would be matched by dissaving by another group of the working class.

Since the material equivalent of these savings would be ships, railways and factory buildings, it is unclear how this -- which one would normally take to be part of constant capital, can constitute part of the value of labour power.