Re: [OPE] still another alternative to value theory

From: Gerald Levy <jerry_levy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 08:34:39 EDT

> It's been a while since I read some of Nitzan and Bichler's work. But as
> I recall, for all their talk of 'power' there was no rigorous
> theoretization of the balance of forces between economic agents. While
> they have made some interesting points about conflicts in the Middle
> East, it seems to me to be an entirely capital-centered framework that
> is supported by visual correlations between curves in a plot.

Hi Dave:

Well, I think that's probably true but there are other Marxian schools of
thought which eschew value theory in favor of what might
broadly be termed institutional analysis, e.g. social structure of
accumulation
theory, a perspective which could not be said at all to be an entirely
capital-centered analysis.