[OPE] Crack Capitalism

From: John Holloway <johnholloway@prodigy.net.mx>
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 12:31:53 EDT

With a cry of joyous rage and a little dance I announce that Crack
Capitalism (published by Pluto) is now in the shops. Rush out immediately to
get your copy, give one as a present to all your friends (at least one
each), put it on every reading list you can think of, write reviews for
newspapers and journals, spray-paint it as a slogan on the walls of the
city, shout it from the rooftops and send this on to all your contacts. And
if you want to send me comments, I would be delighted.

John

How do we create a different world? Crack capitalism: create cracks, moments
or spaces of rebellion in which we assert a different type of doing. That is
what we are doing already, every day, everywhere.

John Hollowayıs acclaimed book, Change the World Without Taking Power,
sparked a world-wide debate about the most effective methods of going beyond
capitalism. Now Holloway takes the debate farther, arguing that hope lies in
the fact that capitalism is already badly cracked, full of ruptures in the
logic of social cohesion. Can these cracks really break the system? Holloway
suggests that the force of the cracks lies in their common drive against
capitalist labour and towards a different type of activity, doing what we
consider necessary or desirable. The question of revolution is not how to
destroy capitalism, but how to stop creating it and do something sensible
instead.

Clearly presented in the form of 33 theses, Crack Capitalism will reignite
the debate among the millions of us who long to find a way of breaking
capitalism now.