Re: [OPE] Class Analysis of the Greek Bailout

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sun May 23 2010 - 16:30:08 EDT

Those questions are reasonably easy to answer:
they should float the drachma, accept only drachma for export payments, and in consequence, buy imports with drachma at whatever the world market price of those. It means a strict restriction of imports -- more serious problem is block on technology imports and possible tariff barriers on their exports to the EU.