Re: [OPE] Michael Webber

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 17:44:00 EDT

On 2010-06-10 23:26, Paula wrote:
> Since capitalism is the system of commodity production, and China today
> produces more commodities than just about any other country in the world,
> it's amazing we're even asking this question.

If you think that capitalism is merely a system of commodity production
you will miss the most fundamental question about the dynamics of modes
of production that Marx pointed out both in Capital vol.1. and vol.3.

Commodity production preceded the existence of the capitalist mode of
production.

//Dave Z