Re: [OPE] Kliman's 'uncontested proof'

From: Michael Webber <michaeljwebber@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 20:14:34 EDT

dave:
i'm sorry, but i don't understand the 'it should be clear' bit in your
last paragraph.

1 ln P_i - ln C_i = ln V_i - ln C_i + e_i
suppose that
2 ln C_i = ln V_i + f_i
then
3 ln P_i - [ ln V_i + f_i] = ln V_i - [ ln V_i + f_i] + e_i
or
4 ln P_i = ln V_i + f_i + e_i

If C is constant, then
5 ln P_i = ln V_i + e_i
otherwise, introducing this third variable reduces (but does not
eliminate) the correlation between P and V. the extent of the
reduction depends on the magnitude of f.

michael

--
Michael Webber
Professorial Fellow