Re: [OPE] The state under capitalism

From: howard engelskirchen <he31@verizon.net>
Date: Thu Aug 19 2010 - 08:48:13 EDT

Hi Dave,

In the context of Paul's comment, non-dialectical would be a kind of technological or productive forces determinism where the superstructure never influenced the base. I thought the resonances of Paul's example a good one. Money salaries were important to the Roman army and no doubt this stimulated the development of commodity production and its structural dynamic wherever the army went. Marx's qualification, though, it seems to me remains.

howard