Re: [OPE] The state under capitalism

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Fri Aug 20 2010 - 11:16:47 EDT

I think that is too extreme an objection.
Suppose two phenomena, let us say commodity circulation and monetary taxation are assumed to have a feedback relation, but each of these also has some other drivers. I am pretty sure that you could in principle come up with some testable predictions from the model, seeing whether the observed phenomena were best explained by different signs and scales of feedback response. Of course one of the problems is getting a reasonable data-set to test things with.